Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Harry Potter

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay I am just too tired to try to sort it out right now...I'll try again tom.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I waited in line to get my grubby lil mits on a first edition hardback copy.

    Luckily we in Australia had a decent time to go wait in line. Our shops opened up at 9.01am. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Im reading it slowly to savour it. I even stopped reading a book mid way thru it by another of my favourite authors so I can read the Potter book.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Mannequin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never read any of the 'Potter' books or seen any of the movies.

    An obvious social gaffe. hmmm....

    I actually thought about reading the first book and working my way up from there. Same thing with the movies but we'll see.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh definitly start with the books, The movies are good, but the narrative is better.
    Our library got 3 copies of the new one and a waithing list (I am #23)

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh definately read the books first. The ovies are good but they're so...empty...after you've read the books.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know what the hype is about the books being so hard to find..our local super walmart has tons.....I'll borrow Chloes and start reading them...

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Mannequin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I WILL start with the books. People like 'em better, it seems.

    Thanks everyone.

    Mannequin [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First, yes DO read the books! They are fantastic! You will love them and second, MOM!! You should NOT shop at Walmart!!! I am so ashamed of you. LOL- Support your local bookstores. Third, nice place Noize. I finally had time to stop in. Heyt Rae, hey Belle. Crap...gotta go back to work. **sigh**

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Cherry_Pez, It is nice to see you out and about. I'm glad you had a few minutes to visit.

    I have only had this board a few months, but it is slowly growing. There have been so many nice people that I have ran into.

    RogEr

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah..we have a pretty loyal crowd, which is nice. Lefty, Zookeeper, ADPZ and I have been posting together for about six years. My mom, Cherrysmum, has been posting for about three. And Cherrysis, my bestfriend since 1991, just recently started posting. In fact, I have met two of my co-posters when I flew up to NH to meet my old co-moderator, BonBon. But it is nice to have another board where people can mix and mingle. I will really try to come out more often to visit you. Are you a writer, or have you studied any type of creative writing?? I gather you are from IL. So what do you do? What brought you to Hostboard?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •